Congratulations! You’ve been following one of Herbalife’s ShapeWorks™ Weight-Management Programs and you’ve lost weight and gained more energy. Now that the holidays are here, you may be wondering how to keep on track or maintain your success. With Herbalife, it’s easy !
According to government statistics, more than 30% of all adult Malaysians are overweight, and this excess weight is a major contributor to heart disease, diabetes and other serious health problems. In studying holiday weight gain, researchers discovered that only two factors significantly influence weight gain: level of hunger and level of activity. By staying active and not starving yourself, you stand the best chance of surviving the season of succulent treats.
Accentuate the Positive
Don’t think of your weight-loss program as restrictive. Instead, look forward to mealtimes and holiday celebrations. Just because you’re eating smarter doesn’t mean you should feel like you’re suffering or giving something up. Besides, food and drink are meant to be enjoyed!
Just Say Yes
If you’re following the ShapeWorks™ Weight-Management Program, you can enjoy a wide variety of holiday treats. Just watch the portions and keep ’em small. Have “just a taste” if you have to. For those following the ShapeWorks™ Weight Management Program, there are lots of food options available. For example, meats and cheeses make up a lot of holiday platters, and they are, for the most part, permissible.
Also, before going out to celebrate, eat a small meal to make sure you’re not hungry. Enjoy an Herbalife healthy snack such as ShapeWorks™ Protein Bars, Roasted Soy Nuts with Cardia®† Salt. You can also find many recipes suitable for holiday entertaining in Herbalife Today Magazine. Go a head and have fun this holiday season, and be good to yourself.
Chairman of Herbalife’s Medical Advisory Board, offers these wise words for holiday survival:
- For low calorie cocktails–the best is sparkling mineral water. An alternative is a “virgin” mary. If you must have alcohol, try a wine spritzer.
- Always hold your drink in your dominant hand, which makes lifting food from the buffet table much less likely.
- One daily indulgence, not a “day of indulgence.”
- Try Herbalife products for healthy snacking. Cut ShapeWorks™ Protein Bars into sixths. Freeze to make bite-sized, delicious “candy” snacks for your table.
- Choose between an alcoholic beverage, a dessert or a “sinful” main course instead of indulging in all three.
- Consider tasty, low-fat, low-calorie appetizers or finger foods: vegetable crudites with salsa or shrimp with cocktail sauce are festive and healthful.
- Consider ShapeWorks™ Roasted Soy Nuts with Cardia®† Salt with your Herbalife beverages.
- You can also indulge in almonds, pecans and walnuts. They’re tasty and they contain healthy monounsaturated fats, which are good for reducing the levels of bad LDL cholesterol while maintaining the level of healthy HDL cholesterols.
- Increase your activities, such as outdoor sports, strolling in the park, doing your shopping on foot, doing holiday cleaning and lots of dancing.
- Healthy and low-calorie desserts: Angel food cake is better than fruitcake. A baked apple is better than apple pie, fruit is preferable to ice cream, and you can make terrific smoothies with the ShapeWorks™ Formula 1 or ShapeWorks™ Formula 3 Personalized Protein Powder.
Recommended ShapeWorks™ Protein Snacks
ShapeWorks™ Protein Bars is chewy bars formulated with a blend of soy and whey proteins, healthy fiber and 23 vitamins and minerals, can help sustain your energy and appetite. Whenever you need a power-packed snack, these delicious chewy bars provide the perfect solution. Balanced protein, carbohydrate and fat for an indispensable snack. And packed with nutrients.